Our ancestors FARMED, HUNTED, FISHED and WALKED and LIVED like METHUSELAH !
Centenarian communities have had this lifestyle for ages but they don’t call it exercise- it is just their LIFESTYLE !!
The BENEFITS of physical exercise cannot be over-emphasized.
Regular and appropriate physical exercise ;
- Prevents cancer.
- Prevents heart attack and heart disease
Regular ‘aerobic’ exercise helps;
- Lower bp (blood pressure)
- Lower blood fats( triglycerides, ldl cholesterol)
- Increase hdl cholesterol ( May help prevent blood clots, reducing risk of DVT, stroke.)
- Lowers stress (lower cortisol)
- Gives restful sleep
- Promotes weight loss
- Builds strong bones
- Slows the aging process
- Improves memory
- Improves immune system
- Improves digestion, prevents constipation
- Improves lymphatic flow
- Prevents cold and flu
- Reduces depression
- May help prevent diabetes
- Helps control blood sugar in a diabetic
- Slows alzheimer’s disease
- May help prevent parkinson’s disease
- Gives better mental outlooks on life
- Makes you more cheerful, more positive, enjoy life more
- Builds your self-confidence, pride in appearance
- Makes you sexually fit, vigorous, with improved/good erectile function, especially in those with some form of ED (erectile dysfunction).
BUT THEN, you DON’T, just get up to exercise, it is important to GET PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE before starting
- Know your ‘TRAINING ZONE’
- Understand the BEHAVIOUR CHANGE PROCESS,
- Build it to fit into your everyday schedule,
- Choose one you enjoy,
- Choose enjoyable, healthy and safe location,
- Have exercise partner as much as possible,
- Hake exercise fun!
FOR MORE on the above, as well as the DO’S and DON’TS of physical exercise, kindly VISIT our destination spa/ wellness spa for our wholistic health-promoting package with our multi-disciplinary team of behaviour change therapists, doctors, dietician/nutritionists, exercise physiologists, lab technologists for a sustained healthy exercise lifestyle.