WHY DO WE EAT WHAT WE EAT ?
Being fat to some , means affluence! To others it’s a sign of good health.
Few know it is certainly not blessing from God.
- Fatness reduces ones Life SPAN. 60% of obese people reach the age of 60years compared to 90% of individuals who have normal weight.30% of obese people reach 70% years compared with 50% normal and for the blessed age of 80years where people would happily see their grandchildren and enjoy their life’s achievement, only 80% of obese people ever get such blessing. Three times such a number (ie 30%) of normal weight people are blessed to reach 80’s
- IDEAL WEIGHT
- This is the longest survival weight for particular height (age, sex). It is what people who do not want to suffer from diseases due to overweight, such as heart disease, hypertension ,diabetes gout, some concerns snoring ,dyslipidaemias etc aim to achieve anywhere within or slightly lower or above is reasonable.
- OVERWEIGHT & OBESITY:
- A condition in the body in which there is an excessive deposit of fat. The human body has limited capacity store protein and carbohydrates. Any excessive carbohydrate or protein food is converted into and stored as FAT.
A weight that is 10% more than the desirable or ideal weight is considered overweight. A person 20% more than his or her ideal weight is OBESE.
Morbid obesity is weight gain of more than 45.4Kg above ideal weight . the dangers of overweight increase with the extent of weight gain.
The KEY, Psychological assessment WITH behaviour change modification.
The behavior change process and the stages of change
NB: Weight loss without behavioral modification is bound to fail
Also: They need NOT ONLY to know WHAT ,HOW MUCH, WHEN to eat BUT also WHY you eat. If people do not appreciate why they eat they will fail and this generates more psychological stress that unfortunately may induce more eating. IN EFFECT, behavior modification encourages more people to have insight and understand factors that influence their eating behavior.
WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PACKAGE
ORTHODOX HEALTH SERVICES
- Medical Consultation including PE/BP/BMI check
- Medical therapies-BETAR therapy
- Medication- orthodox/supplements
- Medical/Lab investigations
- Clinical Psychological counseling
- Dietician assessment and review
- Bible based counselling
COMPLEMENTARY HEALTH SERVICES
- Detoxifying therapies-colon hydrotherapy, infra red sauna
- Sumptuous Meals-Breakfast/lunch/supper
- Physical Exercises -morning and evening sessions with exercise physiologist(kindly bring trainers/exercise kits along)
- Dental scaling and polishing
- Accommodation (Executive)
ALTERNATE HEALTH SERVICES
- De-stressing/relaxing massage sessions
- Body treatment/Detox (body scrub & wrap)
- Relaxing Boat cruise over Volta River
- Other complementary (e.g. Laundry services)
COST OF SERVICES
Complementary bills for the totality of services are highly subsidized (from our ministry)
Daily cost for 1month is approximately $200 / GH¢640.00
Daily cost for 2months is approximately $180 / GH¢576.00
=NB: further medical/laboratory investigations may be carried out and medications prescribed depending on the outcome of the baseline investigations. These and any other services outside the package will be billed as EXTRA. 50% deposit is required on/before arrival.